My Private Getaway

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Feeling Flustered

Well, My day was an average day. We went looking this weekend at camcorders and laptops. I have been cautious on being okay with getting either. My reason is because ever since Hubby got me an Mother's Day something got in the way of it working out completely (i.e. focus issues on the camcorder and no video card in the laptop). So, I felt like I was given "signs" not purchase either one. All the while Hubby was looking at it from the point that he has thought it through and decided he was going to and wanted to get them for me and the "problems" that came up were because of lack of research or paying attention to specifics. So, we went looking this weekend and all though we have decided what we are going to do, I am not going to say until a week or two from now, just so I don't end up putting my foot in my mouth. Other than that, My children have been at each other, Roo busted his lip in Best Buy because he couldn't listen and was messing with stuff he shouldn't.

I am just in a rut, after the battle over letting my Hubby do something nice for me and my children fighting, I feel completely disoriented. I miss my friends. Everything I do here to make friends and offer to have people bring their kiddos over fails EVERY TIME and I change ALOT of things and tried anything thing. I feel defeated and lonesome, I want that connection with other moms and my children to have playmates. We found out that where we are going school starts at age 4 and Roo will be four right as we arrive. I am excited for him and he is excited about going to school (we were going to put him in preschool to help him get use to a school environment and help the both of us to get use to the change) but it feels to soon. I thought I had another year before he was gone all day every day. So, I am a very emotinal person lately. My poor, poor Husband. Anyhoo, I am going to go and take care of dinner and night routines, just wanted to whine a bit :).

2 Comments:

  • At May 20, 2007 at 7:15 PM , Blogger Faerylandmom said...

    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away [going crazy], yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

    For our light and momentary troubles [boys behaving badly] are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen [our situation], but on what is unseen [Jesus]. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

    I just wanted to share this as encouragement. It's something I almost have memorized now, to recite to myself when my kids are about to drive me up a wall - an almost daily occurance, as I'm sure you know. :)

    These verses always remind me that God has a purpose for allowing me to go through even my daily junk - there is something eternal at stake even in these daily struggles.

    Which reminds me - I'm almost done with the email I promised you. I just really wanted to take my time with it. It's coming - probably Monday. :)

    I'm standing with you, Sabrina. I understand exactly how you feel, and I want to do anything I can to just hug you from here. :)

    Love, Tiff

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 9:43 AM , Blogger My Private Getaway said...

    thanks alot, I needed that!! You have a way of making me feel better after I call you or you call or we email or post.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home