My Private Getaway

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Well, I woke up this morning to a hot cup of coffee (which I love) and an egg sandwich my hubby made, and my two boys excitedly exclaiming "Happy Mother's Day!" while waving a card from the three of them!!! I got up and ate my breakfast, Hubby went out and got my the Sunday paper (which I get EVERY Sunday for the sales paper, gotta love Target!) and a BOUQUET OF FLOWERS!!!! I love it!!!! Such a surprise! Then my little ones come with ANOTHER gift, a DVD CAMCORDER!!!!!!!! I have been wanting one for awhile!!!

One of hubby's friends came by and gave me a rose (which NEVER happens to me). Hubby said it was because me and his girlfriends mom are the only moms he knows. I felt special!We also made our numerous phone calls and just hung out around the house. I got to watch a "girlie" movie "Music and Lyrics" which was pretty good. We also finished our dragon-shaped puzzle and found that we are missing ONE piece! So frustrating!!! But it looks good, not really noticeable.

My day finished with LOTS of cuddles and kisses from my Gus Gus. I have noticed over the past week, just how cuddly my little one has gotten, I believe it's because ALL week he has not nursed. I am a little sad, I am missing that. He asks sometimes, for it, and Hubby is GREAT at stepping in and distracting and getting him to sleep. The times when Hubby isn't here, I found that it helps when I walk him around, he wraps those little arms around my neck and clings to me the whole time, then I feel his little body relax completely as he falls asleep. I cherish this as our replacement for the closeness of nursing. So, that is my day. I hope all has had a WONDERFUL day!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home