My Private Getaway

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Well, I have been MIA ......,

I want to "update" you on whats been going on this past week. I went to the doctor this morning, I got my stitches removed, but nothing on the biopsy, I have to call back in 2 weeks! Also, yesterday was the Fourth of July! We seen some fireworks but only outside of where we live. I have been having a grueling couple of days over a decision my Hubby and I are making. We named someone guardian over our children in the event of something happening to us, but because of changes and circumstances, we have to name someone else. Naturally we are thinking of my mom and his. I have talked with my mom about what we want and how things should be. We want the both of them to share a joint custody of the boys. Well, with some of the area and schools, we are asking if Hubby's mom would be willing to relocate to so that the joint custody can work without removing the boys from school and other "specifics". Just to give an idea, this is the email I sent:

Hey, I know you were just here and we could have talked to you in person, but it is easier for me to write it, and let you think and talk it over with Keith and get back to us in a few days, so here goes!

Hubby and I have been thinking about who we want to get the boys in the event of something happening to both of us, since who we did name and the circumstances now, we have to change it. The ONLY people we would let have the boys are you and my mom, and thats were the dilemma is. We don't want to chose one or the other but let you share the boys. The only foreseeable way would be if the two of you lived close so the boys can stay in one school and other things. After talking on it, we decided we liked the area better as for the schools and other things in the area, the only thing is you don't live there. What we are asking is in the event that something happened to us would you be willing to relocate so they have one school and can be of access to both you and my mom? We want you two to have equal access when you want/can and you both have someone there to take the boys when the other goes out of town or vacation. I know its alot to ask of, but we just want the best for the boys. Both of you (my mom and you) have qualities and views that we want the boys to be around, but there are disadvantages on both sides as well (not a bad thing) but that is where we run into the problem of being able to "choose" one over the other. Ok, I am stopping there. Just PLEASE think and talk this over and get back to us. We are wanting to change the guardianship before we leave . We love and miss you!

So, I ask is there anything really wrong with how I put it? When she called to talk to Hubby, she said she was all "hurt" and "upset" because they were just here and blah blah...., well, I started FUMING!!! They were only here for 1 day, sorry I didn't take your ONLY day to enjoy the kids and talk to you about this, plus they brought Keith's mom with them, so why would we talk to them in front of her? I am SOOO bad that she has the audacity to say she is hurt! She even picked out the little stuff in the email to fuss about instead of taking the ONE big question and thinking and talking it over then getting back to us. She and Hubby are suppose to talk more tonight, so we will see how that goes. I just can't believe on a matter like this she would react that way!!!!! I am almost to the point where I want to just let my mom have full guardianship, I don't want someone like this responsible for my kids when I'm gone. Another factor is that she hasn't had to take care of a child since her youngest was a child, but she is 21! So, it's bee awhile!!! Her husband has NEVER raised a child. so it would be a TREMENDOUS shock to how they go about their daily lives on top of the reason they would be aking on the kids. Am I making ANY sense? My mom on the other hand has my little brother who is only 2 weeks younger than Roo and she has my nephew that she helps take care of who is not yet 1 and my niece who is 6 months younger than Roo, stays with her more than her own parents! So, she is used to having children around, including them in everyday stuff and she LOVES having children around!! She looks at some other things that deal with my kids as I do, which is a big plus!

Ok, I am done venting. I just feel strongly about who will take my kids and how they are raised, in the event I cannot! Hope everyone else had a great day!!!! oh, on my friend, Tiffany's blog, she has a slideshow up of her visit here, so check it out!!!! Also, let me know what you think of the stuff above, am I being retarded? I don't think so :).

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home