My Private Getaway

Sunday, July 22, 2007

So..., We Are Here

We are here in Canada. We arrived to stay a couple of nights ago. Hubby went into work, I took the boys to the hotel pool on Friday. Saturday we drove around looking for houses, which didn't turn out to well, anything in our price range looks like a storage in someone's backyard and anything half way decent is 2-3 times as much as we can afford. I would rather rent, but no one is renting!!!! I like the area pretty good, it just looks like an old town..., not nasty or ghetto. If they would renovate whats available.., it would look so good. Today we went to look at a house, we thought we hit the jackpot, it was just in our range and looked good, when we got there, we found out it was just a small duplex. I mean it still looks nice.., just hard to want to live connected to someone you don't know and you have two small children. It was our first look..., so, I know other things will come along, we are just looking. We are meeting with a real estate agent tomorrow and she is going to outline the ends and outs of what we should do or expect (since we have never done this before). I miss how easy it was to call friends and family in the states. I have yet to call around and see what they offer for our needs, but from what I have seen in the pamphlets and on the internet... they don't count the U.S. in the long distance as the states do for Canada.

Well, just wanted to update, things are different here (not a bad different) and it is small things but all taking some getting use to. The lake here is BEAUTIFUL! I am going to take my camera out the next time we go and get it uploaded. That has been our weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At July 22, 2007 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Faerylandmom said...

    You are on one of the Great Lakes aren't you? I'd forgotten! I can't wait to see pics. :-) And don't worry, the right house for you will turn up.

    Love ya!

     
  • At July 26, 2007 at 5:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well i can vouch for the pretty scenery. And while we are not on a Great lake, we are right beside a fair-sized lake that is very pretty. Can't wait for snow myself

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home