My Private Getaway

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Small Stuff

My youngest had a new discovery today. Me and my two boys went for a walk after lunch.On that walk I noticed Gus Gus falling behind, As I kept encouraging him to keep up I failed to notice the reason why. After a few times of turning back and telling him to catch up, I noticed he was studying my shadow (which was behind me that time of day). HOW CUTE IS THAT!!!! After my realization I pointed out that he too has a shadow, after which he would stop in the middle of the sidewalk and "wait" and watch his shadow!

Along the rest of the walk my oldest Roo proudly claimed his shadow was "A POWER RANGER". Roo found a small white rock from the walk while Gus Gus found a penny!!! They were so proud of their "treasures."

I find it amazing all the small stuff we forget about and had to learn in all the "bigger" stuff of the world. I cherish these times when my children bring me back to the fascinations of the things that are taken for granted and forgotten about. Having children is such and ADVENTURE!!! You never know what kind of day you are going to have or just when you think your day couldn't get any worse, they will pop up with something that melts your heart!!!

Another little story about my Gus Gus, it happened today as well. I had him in my arms trying to get him to take his nap, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed he was looking at me. But when I paid a little more attention to him, noticed he was "mocking" my blinking, if I blinked once, he would blink once, if I blinked twice in a row so, would he!!! I couldn't hold back the laughter!! So, before his nap, we both had a good laugh together!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home